f%&$ f%&$ f%&$ f%&$ f%&$
Oct. 12th, 2026 06:57 pmPhone fell out of my pocket as I was on my way to my first fiddle lesson. Didn't notice until I'd arrived.
It is currently turned off and in an apartment building in St Paul. It being turned off implies v strongly that the finder has zero interest in returning it.
This of course comes just when I need to contact the doctor's office (because they're billing me) and the county (because I still haven't seen any Medicaid paperwork, so maybe the doctor's office is correct to be billing me), and when I am theoretically waiting for a call from an increasingly unlikely job opportunity.
Adding to the fun: I cannot access my Canadian bank accounts online, because they want to send a text message to my phone, and in order to not do that I will have to call them. I can at least see that my US account and card are not being touched.
Fuck everything.
I was going to go check out the apartment building this evening but instead I just completely shut down. Steph came by for a little bit and that may have helped.
Comments on but responses unlikely.
It is currently turned off and in an apartment building in St Paul. It being turned off implies v strongly that the finder has zero interest in returning it.
This of course comes just when I need to contact the doctor's office (because they're billing me) and the county (because I still haven't seen any Medicaid paperwork, so maybe the doctor's office is correct to be billing me), and when I am theoretically waiting for a call from an increasingly unlikely job opportunity.
Adding to the fun: I cannot access my Canadian bank accounts online, because they want to send a text message to my phone, and in order to not do that I will have to call them. I can at least see that my US account and card are not being touched.
Fuck everything.
I was going to go check out the apartment building this evening but instead I just completely shut down. Steph came by for a little bit and that may have helped.
Comments on but responses unlikely.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-13 12:33 am (UTC)Wishing it would shift to those who deserve it.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-13 12:45 am (UTC)I can almost certainly send you money for a new device or at least a substantial chunk toward it, if you are willing to accept it and it doesn't complicate your life in some weird way.
(I have more money than I need to live on, and it is my joy and my duty to use what I have to support people around me, even people I am not close to. No obligation attached for you whatsoever.)
If you have a quick look what you need to get something that will at least tide you over and let me know an amount and how to get it to you, I can transfer as soon as tomorrow (UK time). Email address thebrightspark@proton.me; my responses will still use my other name (Nicole/Nicky), not the newer preferred one (Eirian).
Very serious offer. At the same time, not offended if you would rather not, and I do not expect a reply. It's just here on the table if you want to take it up. Sending you all my best wishes, regardless.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-13 12:45 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-13 01:31 am (UTC)oh goddammit i wish you luck :(
no subject
Date: 2026-10-13 04:32 am (UTC)I'm so glad that you have Steph to come over and give you a IRL hug to help getting through this.
Crossing my fingers that all your cards can be smoothly locked after talking to a bank person.
Rooting for this to resolve ASAP with least difficulty.