From nixve, Comment "WORDS" to this entry and I will comment back with five words I associate with you. Then you post this in your journal elaborating.
- Games have many facets. Systems with rules that can be optimized, semisocial activities, entertainment, a source of friendly competition that's actually friendly, a strange way of telling stories. I've owned a copy of James P. Carse's Finite and Infinite Games for the better part of a decade now. Thanks for reminding me to slot it into the queue.
- Books are nicer, more interesting, and less scary than people. (Except for 1984, which freaked me right the hell out.) My paternal grandfather had the back wall of his living room done in wall-to-wall bookcases. It's no accident that his house is one of the few places I can think of as "home."
- Patriarchivore would be my nom de blog if I were to start / join a feminist blog. Because some things just need devouring, that's why. Rar. (As a side note, I'm sympathetic to the argument that kyriarchy is a better term for the situation.)
- Love is vital, and it makes me happy. I'm not sure what else can be said about it.
- Barefeet have been part of my life for a very long time. I can remember getting yelled at for going without shoes in school as early as sophomore year. I love the feel of grass and dirt on my toes and I love the way my feet can bend more unshod.